Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Tweets on Twitter: HASHTAG HASHTAG HASHTAG!!!!

Cute!
I have 2,690 tweets, 79 followers and follow 274 other Twitter folks. You might say I am a Twitter fan! Shoot one year for my friend Lindsay's birthday I spent the majority of my day "friendly harassing" Josh Groban on Twitter asking him to wish her #happybirthdaylindsay AND IT WORKED. We are both huge fans and this was just awesome!


Best Day EVAH! #forthewin

I am considering adding this to my resume. I am a dedicated to social media, have a mature understanding of its user opportunities and all it's networking capabilities.  (I kid-I kid! Hahha....mature.)

Seriously though-Twitter is fun and it definitely is a great way to communicate and share with people from all around the world! Even celebrity "boyfriends"! I can not remember the reason I joined Twitter but I am glad that I did. I like to keep up with TV shows, celebrities and friends online and Twitter is a neat way to do it.

Some have complained about the 140 character limit, I like it. It helps me keep things to the point and witty. I do confess that I have sat for at least 4-6 minutes thinking of the perfect tweet...but you want to make sure you use those 140 characters wisely!

A remember some of my friends predicting that Twitter would die off soon. It would just fade away and be forgotten. Well Twitter will be celebrating 8 years on March 21 and I feel that it is stronger than ever! More and more companies and institutions have realized that quick, short messages can peak interest and draw consumers to your websites and/or events. 

And then you have this great phenomenon of the #hashtag. 

The hashtag is just great! Comedian Jimmy Fallon (I follow him) made this great video with Justin Timberlake (follow him too) all about the #hashtag! It is hilarious! But describes and explains this hashtag thing is such a great way! Please watch it! 


I have actually found myself saying hashtag-like it is part of my sentence. (ex: Made homemade pizza tonight #AWESOME #getinmybelly) It is so lame but it is what it is. 


Keep on Tweeting, guys! I think you'll enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment