Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Social Media is Revolutionary

Social Media Rules the world! That is what I learned from this video! You can watch it here on YOUTUBE.


This video was created by Erik Qualman and some of the statistics in this video blew my mind! 

-mind blown-

I had no clue that Facebook could be consider the 3rd largest country in the world! I did not imagine that 1 billion people were on Facebook! The impact that social media has had on society is amazing. Everything from relationships to business is now shaped by social media.  The term "Socialnomics" that Qualman referenced in the video makes total sense (and cents)! He explained that Social Media is not a fad, its a fundamental shift in the way we communicate and it is always the way we "shop". Word of Mouth is generally the concept but it is taken to a WHOLE new level once social media is introduced. Now the products we want find us! Have you every noticed on your own Facebook or Twitter-if you EVER search for anything on Google or Amazon-you'll soon have promoted ads in your feed? Well that is because 93% of marketers use social media to promote their business and products. 

Somebody just got a million sales. Thanks Social Media!! 

I feel that I am definitely not clueless to this world of social media. I am part of several including Facebook, twitter, Instagram, tumblr, and more. I am definitely one of those people that checks their social medias several times a day. And this has become more frequent thanks to my smart phone! I'm addicted!!

PUH-Lease load "Most Recent" posts, FACEBOOK!!!

 But this video did surprise me and the facts that I am still thinking about is the digital footprint of 92% of US children (that is nuts AND scary) and people actually join LinkedIn. What is that?? (HA!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment